Compulsory Purchase Orders
This is a specialist area of law where we act for and advise a number of commercial and property clients. Our senior partner Thomas Marren takes a keen interest in this area of law. We specialise in formulating claims for compensation and disturbance where land or property is acquired by a State or Local Authority. The law in this area is quite archaic and formulating a claim for compensation is governed by a number of rules which determine how compensation is assessed and payable. We have specialist knowledge of these rules and we act for clients in formulating claims for compensation and having compensation due to them assessed by the State Property Arbitrator at an arbitration hearing.
Recent work highlights
- Acted for a landowner whose land was compulsorily acquired by CIE for the construction of a railway station.
- Acted for a large Plc in successfully negotiating a CPO claim with Dublin City Council
- Acted for a landowner in respect of a CPO related to the new M7 Obsertown Interchange Bypass
- Acted for a landowner in respect of a CPO claim from Irish Water.
- Acted for a commercial client in respect of the Red Line Luas CPO claim.
- We are currently advising a number of clients who have received notification of the intention of CIE/Dublin Bus to acquire their front gardens for the construction of a new bus corridor.