Paul Keane is Honorary Consul General of Sweden. The staff of Reddy Charlton support the Consulate in its work.
The Consulate is responsible for providing the following consular services to Swedish citizens:-
- Issuing of Emergency Passports
- Collection by the applicant of ordinary passports, driving licences and Identity Cards received here from the Swedish authorities
- Driving Licence applications forms
- Report of Death in Ireland of Swedish Citizens
- Registration of Name of a minor entitled to Swedish Citizenship/application for co-ordination number
- Assisting Swedish Citizens in distress
- Attending Swedish Citizens in prison
- Certifying the existence of a Swedish Citizen for pension purposes
- Certification of certain documents issued by the Swedish authorities in English, (i.e. Swedish Birth Certificates and Swedish Marriage Certificates — Personbevis)
The Consulate does not deal with:-
- Full Passports – Applicants should apply to a Swedish Embassy located elsewhere or an authorised Police Station in Sweden. Please check www.swedenabroad.se for listing of embassies and www.polisen.se for applying in Sweden.
- Holiday Visa Applications (Schengen Visa) – Applicants should apply to the Danish Embassy in Dublin: Embassy of Denmark in Dublin – How to apply for a Schengen Visa
- Work Permits – Applicants should apply directly to the Migration Department in Sweden www.migrationsverket.se. Please note that only a Swedish Embassy can impress Work Permits on an applicant’s passport. The Consulate is not empowered to do so.
- Residency Applications – Applicants should contact the Swedish Embassy in London.
- Performance of Marriages – Please check www.swedenabroad.se for listing of embassies who may perform marriages.
Consulate Phone Hours
- Monday to Friday (excluding bank and public holidays): 09.00 am to 11.00 am
- You may also send your query by email to email@example.com.
- If you do not have email access you may leave a telephone message at 00353-1-265 0888 and your call will be returned during opening hours.
Consulate Visiting Hours (by appointment only)
- Monday to Friday (excluding bank and public holidays): 11.00 am to 01.00 pm
- All applications for emergency passports and co-ordination numbers, collection of passports, driving licences and identity cards are by appointment only.
- To obtain an appointment please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org setting out in full the purpose of the appointment.
Please note that the Irish Embassy in Sweden is responsible for handling Irish cases and issues in Sweden:-
Paul Keane är Sveriges honorärkonsul vid Generalkonsulatet i Dublin. Henriette Elfwendahl är hans assistent.
Konsulatets telefontider är 09.00 — 11.00 måndag till fredag
Du kan även mejla din fråga till email@example.com så svarar vi så snart vi kan.
Om du inte har tillgång till e-post kan du lämna ett röstmeddelade på +353-1-265 0888 så ringer vi tillbaka under våra öppettider.
Ansökan om provisoriskt pass och samordningsnummer/personnummer, hämtning av pass, körkort och ID-kort kan endast göras vid bokad tid mellan 11.00 och 13.00 måndag till fredag.
För att boka tid, sänd ett e-postmeddelande till firstname.lastname@example.org och beskriv ingående syftet med tidsbokningen.
www.business-sweden.se (several languages)
Business Sweden is responsible for the trade and promotion of Swedish companies in Ireland as well as Irish FDIs in Sweden.
Business Sweden Ireland
5 Upper Montagu Street
W1H 1AG London
Tel: +44 207 616 4070
General information about Sweden
www.sweden.se (several language versions)
The official gateway to Sweden
www.visitsweden.com (many languages)
Sweden’s official website for tourism and travel information
www.migrationsverket.se (Several languages incl. English)
About visiting, working, studying, living in Sweden as well as citizenship
About universities, study options, scholarships etc
www.si.se (several language versions)
Information about Sweden, scholarships offered, pamphlets and books about Sweden, Swedish language studies etc
The website of The Swedish National Agency for Higher Education
Driving in Sweden
Driving in Sweden, road safety, validity of foreign driving permits in Sweden etc